Thursday 27 March 2008

Cairns



Cairns - Sweaty Cleethorpes

Good things
Artificial swimming lagoon overlooking the mudflats
Lots of happy hour drinks and dinners
Close to oldest rainforest on earth and reef which Cleethorpes is not..

Bad things
Chewed huge chili that blew my head off. Looked like a large carrot to me. They gave seven of these huge vegetables, what are you supposed to do with them? Speechless for 10 minutes and had to gargle water in the men's room until my eyes, ears and nose stopped running and I returned to a lesser shade of maroon..
Cockroach and spider killing sprees to protect cringing wife. She had to live with them for a year and has now developed a phobia. That's nothing. I lived in Hackney for 4 years and can handle myself with a raised flipflop. Room now smells of toxic insect repellent but no scuttling noises....
(note from 'the cringing wife' - due to my cockroach phobia we have now been upgraded into our own private townhome across the street from the hostel w/ large bathroom, kitchen, living room and balcony for the same price as the cockroach infested double... because they like us....

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I would have loved to see the red face.