Saturday 31 May 2008

Chiang Mai




Chiang Mai's old town is full of monks and temples and surrounded by a moat. All the hostels are stuffed inside the moat with the sausage selling markets, cafes and tuk tuk drivers. Nice mountains overlooking the town in the west are supposed to be linked to the Himalayan chain. Reminds me of being in Peru. Have had two yoga sessions today where I got tangled up in knots. They kept telling me to put my arms in the air with my eyes closed, only they didn't realise that I was the only one below a high speed rotating fan. Looked like I was snake dancing with one eye open while trying to avoid getting any hands severed....

Good things
Northern sausage
Found cocktail bar where you get to sit in the gutter and listen to African fusion jazz

Bad things
Bed bugs, nibbling insects